Monday, September 24, 2007

Tim Hotlz Class at Memory Trends!

OK, did this picture turn out good or what?! I was so psyched by the end of the class, I admit, I acted like a complete groupie. When I finally got to talk with him, I wasn't cool, I was star struck.

At Memory Trends 2007 I got to take a 3 hour class with Tim Holtz. This guy is great in front of a group! He had great stories about how he got started in rubber stamping (he made samples for Stampers Anonymous without them even asking him too, and how he got into the pulic eye (He was asked to do some craft segments for a TV show, and he said no, because he has already taken his vacation days from his day job). Thank goodness the industry was persistent in their attempts to get him involved, because Timis truly an artist...and its the kind of art I love! In class, we learned how to use all of his tools, inks, and embellishments. It was a blast.
Could this altered art sample of his ink pad case be any cooler? Only if Tim was actually holding it when I took this picture!

No comments: